Hollywood, as a whole, makes me ill.
It's no secret this country is in a world of hurt at the moment from an economic standpoint. People are losing their jobs (another discussion for another post), losing their homes, can't feed their families, and a more people are on food stamps/govt assistance than ever before in time (that I can recall). We ALL know someone that has been a victim in some way, shape, or form.
I understand the demand for the entertainment industry. What lame lives we would live if we didn't have TV, movies, etc, but is it just me, or is it a TAD revolting that MILLIONS are spent on these award programs for the Hollywood "elite"? The emmys, oscars, blah blah blah. So much focus on what is being worn on "the red carpet" and who designed it...how much it cost, ya da ya da.
Oh, I'm sure there are many Hollywood types that donate to charities, but I'd rather have these overpaid snoots pay off someone's mortgage so it means they can stay in their shack of 2 bedrooms rather than spend thousands on a glamourous one-time worn gown for a red carpet.
And the kicker to this? A good majority of these Hollywood'ers are liberals. No, I am not saying it's because they are LIBERAL I don't have much time for them, I am saying because of what the latest that liberals supposedly "BELIEVE". You know...the entire anti-corporatation thing...the "redistribution of wealth" stuff?
GIVE ME A FRIGGIN' BREAK.
Well, where in the hell is mouthy Michael Moore? I don't see his ass out writing checks for underwater mortgages! Did he volunteer HIS home during all of Occupy movement? EXACTLY. Oh, Nancy Lee Grahan is another mouthy bitch that needs to keep her pie-hole shut. Bette Midler, Barbara Streisand, Rosie Odonnell, Joy Behar, Cher etc. It's so easy for these people to "believe" in liberal programs because they KNOW they will NEVER have to utilize them. They can AFFORD their private health insurance, for example. They will ALWAYS be exempt from these things because of their money! Believing in some type of social program makes them look "good" and caring.
And, If you've ever spent some time on Twitter watching these infamous people, you know how many of them can be. They are UNTOUCHABLE in many ways. Not all of them, but a good majority of them are just that. They have thousands of followers, but don't interact with any and certainly don't follow any of their fans back. There are some that interact with people, but don't follow any "regular" people back. Then there are those that follow many fans back AND interact with them (those people I am mostly good with).
But, now if you'll excuse me, I need to go through this Goodwill rack so I can clothe my kids for school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment