This has actually been on my mind for a few years now. Changing people.
When people graduate from high school, they tend to go in different directions in life. Schools, work, new adventures, etc. But what I don't get is how easily "friends" just aren't "friends" anymore down the road. Am I missing something, really?
In the day and age of technology, I, along with thousands of others, have reconnected with old "friends". These were people from high school I was tight with (or so I thought). These were people that I ran around with, skipped classes with, got in trouble with, cried with, shared many things with (for YEARS!). 20 some-odd years later, I still feel just as much for them as I did back then, but it just doesn't seem that many of them are as sentimental as I am.
Sure, we talk (online). We comment on pictures, discuss world events, politics, wish each other happy birthdays, blah blah blah, but they are very aloof. They have no interest in reconnecting otherwise.
I've run into a few "friends" from the past in stores, etc but it's very aloof...as if we were acquaintances from a job or met at a party in college. I want to HUG my friends! I want to meet for lunch! I am not asking for the "besties" bullshit, but point being, how does someone just forget WHO someone was to them? How does someone just put all of that stuff aside as if history never happened?
I don't get it. I don't know if I want to. Quite honestly, I am thankful I am not capable of doing that.
Sunday, August 25, 2013
More on those "changing" people....
Labels:
Change,
friends,
high school,
history,
reconnect,
reunite,
social media
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment