Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pedophile Clothing and Gap...WTF?

Clothing stores have always awed me with the things that put out to sell.  Granted, I come from the 80s where we pegged jeans, wore "jams" (today's bermuda shorts, I think), and neon, but TODAY?

What the HELL is up with these guys walking down the street like a penguin??  Oh, I get it.  Because the waist of their BOTTOMS button around their THIGHS!  I get it now.  Silly me.  That means they have to use their HANDS to hold them up so they don't fall around their ankles.  

FYI, they look like ASSHOLES walking around that way.

It seems conservative clothing is a thing of the past no matter HOW you want to dress.  I've seen 12 yo girls at the beach, in the mall, and even their clothing sizes on racks in the stores.  Are they effin' SERIOUS?  My child will N E V E R walk out of my house in clothing that leaves absolutely NOTHING to the imagination. I can promise that much.  These clothing options are just magnets for pedophiles!  These kids are 12 going on 18!  It's SICKENING. 

Skin tight tops.  If that's not bad enough, they are cropped.  I mean, for the love of God, at LEAST make them longer than the camel toe!  They are TWELVE.  

Shorts? Yeah.  Catherine Bach wore those Daisy Dukes back in her Dukes of Hazard days (read: when she was like 25!).  

Even Gymboree jumped on this bandwagon trying to compete with Gap a few years back.  

In a quest to help a friend find "extended" sizes for her daughter (who is under 10), I was amazed at just how neglected this size group is for kids.  

JcPenny has some.  It's slim pickings, but that's ok.  What I saw was just as I mentioned.  With sizes ranging from 10 and up in plus sizes, these tops were screaming SLUT.  They looked like something an adult would wear back in the 70s or even 80s ala FAME movie style (off shoulder). 


(and what is UP with the tie in the front? For a THIRD grader? Seriously?)

Sears proved no differently, but I tossed it up to "you get what you pay for" (cheap=cheap). 

Old Navy had a few tops that may be OK if you stick with basics and run FAR from any "styles", but even those had the obvious "curve"/slimming near the waist...oh..but the bubble tops! YIKES!





DAMN.  These girls haven't even started their PERIODS yet, for Christ's sake, and they are putting CURVES in the clothing.

THEN.  Then I came across Gap.  I never was a Gap fan.  Overpriced, overrated store, but they seemed to have the "plus" feature listed so I looked online. 

Oh, hey..in the uniform section they are loaded.  There are bottoms, sweaters, dresses, AND tops.  

Regular/everyday clothing?  Only bottoms.  

Seriously?  So plus size tops are only needed for uniforms?  Do these bodies magically get smaller out of uniform?  Do these girls that wear plus size bottoms have extremely skinny bodies above the waist?  
Gee, I would LOVE to see a kid like that.

In today's society with everyone's lives moving fast-paced, childhood obesity is more prevalent than it was even 20 years ago.  Why such the neglect for these sizes for kids?  In a perfect world, we would be more health conscious and not eat out and run like hell from fast food, but it doesn't work that way, as a whole.  

There IS a need for clothing targeted to these children.  It's bad enough larger people, in general, are "forgotten" in the clothing department, but kids that need to "keep up with their peers"? Unreal.  

Oh...and Gap??  YOU EFFIN' SUCK ASS.  


No comments:

Post a Comment