Thursday, August 8, 2013

Rainbow Flags and Pride

While driving down a MAJOR rode in our area, we passed a home in a rather "financially challenged" area.  The home was neat in appearance, well maintained, and there really was no trash, etc around it.

The flagpole out front of the yard only sported a rainbow "pride" flag.




NO.  I am not homophobic.  YES, I do believe every single person regardless should have the same given rights.  We are PEOPLE.  We are residents of the USA.  Please.

But, naturally, that set my mind thinking.

Do you think that resident with the rainbow flag receives any harassment?  Do they get their property vandalized at night?  Do they get called names by pedestrians or motorists in passing?    I mean, if I had a Nazi flag hanging in my yard, I probably would get nailed...or if I had a KKK pride type of paraphernalia somewhere for the world to see, it's a GIVEN some shit would come my way.  Or the kicker:  if I had a STRAIGHT marriage only flag (And CHILL OUT, I don't have any of the above)????

SO, with that in mind, why would someone want to put up a controversial flag advertising themselves and their beliefs?

It's not a discussion about what is "right" or what is "wrong", but a question of why put yourself out there (on any level) of a controversial subject?

Myself, I am not homosexual and I am thankful I am not (BECAUSE of the havoc on many levels it brings, but that is another in depth discussion).  I can't relate to being in the KKK, a Nazi, or a homosexual so I am just wondering how that works..because I know that these groups face a LOT of shit (be it right or wrong).

I just don't get it.  Hypocrisy, perhaps?





No comments:

Post a Comment