Monday, November 2, 2015

School Bullying

When I was a kid in school, we didn't have anti-bullying policies.   Yes, there was teasing and some were relentless, but we also lived in a time when schools were ABLE to handle the situation in a way they seemed fit.   I distinctly recall a wooden paddle type of thing in the principal's office.   I EVEN think I remember a kid having been exposed to it's capabilities.

But that was a time when even after you had your ass paddled at school, you would go home and have it paddled AGAIN by your parents!   Parents encouraged school discipline and all of us kids KNEW the consequences of our actions.    We didn't have kids killing themselves over teasing to this degree and we certainly didn't have pansy-ass "educators" taking it up the ass by entitlement minded parents.

We now live in a country were everyone is terrified of law-suits and liability. As a result, schools have created policies that, in a nutshell, tend to victimize the victim even more.  Schools are terrified to do what they really need to do to take care of a problem. Instead, you see these "1, 2, 3, Magic" bullshit programs in play and "timeouts" as a consequence.

I mean, REALLY???  A timeout??  Yea, I am SURE that'll teach 'em.  I guarantee you take a wooden paddle or a leather belt to a kid's ass one time, and they will think twice before they fuck up again.

Because my son has recently started being a target of a kid at school, I have done some research and am in complete and utter AWE at the stories I read.   The outrageous number of kids killing themselves over bullying (some as young as 11!!!), the personal protection orders parents are forced to get against five year olds, lawsuits against schools (and a NICE sum of settlement) for failing a student.....just MIND BLOWING.

Bottom line with these schools is LIABILITY.  They want to avoid it AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.  Pay attention how they handle things the next time you have a problem and apply that LIABILITY word to what's happened.   Your kid gets suspended for  using self defense?  It's ALL about liability and not your kid.

TRUE STORIES 





No comments:

Post a Comment