Wednesday, November 4, 2015

DeWitt Public Schools Bullying Sagas

The parent(s) of this Joey kid haven't posted today about any updates, but I do see where I missed yesterday's.   I will copy and paste because it is easier. 

"Another day without any contact from this school so in my nature, it was time to do another step.   I sent email to the president and vice president of the school board. Ironically, Mr. President works for a law-firm.  Coincidence? I think not.  Personally, I think they ALL have the best interests of the school so I know my attempts will just be turned around to go back on me, but at least this people will be 'bothered' and know I don't stop.     It was THIS email that got the superintendent's attention.  Imagine that.   I am telling you, do NOT be afraid to move up the chain to get a response.   Mr. OverPaid Superintendent (did I mention he makes $143,000 a year?) just reiterated what had transpired on Friday (as if I didn't already know this) and told me the principal and teacher did NOT find any evidence of bullying.    IMAGINE THAT.  In doing Google searches, I obtained NUMEROUS news  stories of kids who have killed themselves and the school(s) have found 'no evidence'. "

"Let's get one thing straight.  A school's TOP PRIORITY is the school's liability. PERIOD.  They will do bare minimum required by law and to prevent any liability, but they do NOT want to get involved.  PERIOD.  Ms. Principal followed with email stating, again, there was no "evidence" of bullying and cited an incident that contradicts Trevor's story.   She continued to sayJohnny  is afraid of my husband because he apparently "swears" about Johnny.   SO, school NOW wants to police what may or may not happen off school time and property. I know of ZERO incidents where my husband has sworn about this kid and REGARDLESS, they aren't the police of what happens at home! PERIOD."

"What's happened here?  They've taken the little shithead's word for it and made a verdict without even consulting my husband or me on other allegations.  That's how they work.  LIABILITY.   In speaking with other parents in the district, they've had similar experiences. In fact, one student who was a victim was suspended for physically defending himself.  See how that works?  LIABILITY. "

"I have made it known to DeWitt Public Schools that Johnny and his family are to SEIZE from any contact with my son and my family in ANY way, shape, or form.  I am DONE."


DAMN! Why can't this piece of shit liberal school just come back and say, "We've addressed with Johnny's parents and with Johnny concerns you and Joey have.    You can be assured that Joey is safe at school and any problem has been taken care"?   instead, they are turning this all around to make the victim's parents the "problem".   This blows my mind!!  Making accusations to these parents of what they may or may not do on their own time is WAY out of line, in my opinion.  The parent mentioned, too, in her post she was also in contact with an antibullying advocate in her area (who was the one who got the Michigan law passed) and the family attorney.   MIND BLOWING.   

No comments:

Post a Comment